IDrive® BMR backup agent
Install the backup agent on the computers you wish to secure with your IDrive BMR device. The agent works with the device interface to perform regular and CBT-based incremental backups.
To secure a computer,
- 1Download and install the backup agent on your computer.
- 2Configure backup schedule and settings via the IDrive BMR device interface.
Linux-based recovery media (ready to use)
Download a Linux-based pre-built recovery environment to boot up a Linux computer on which bare-metal restore needs to be initiated.
We recommend that you create a WinRE-based recovery media using the IDrive BMR Recovery Media Builder. You can use Linux-based recovery only if you do not have ready access to an alternate computer from where you can build the WinRE-based recovery media.
MSI package for remote deployment
Download the MSI package and deploy the IDrive BMR backup agent on multiple computers in your network via Microsoft Active Directory GPO.
To deploy the IDrive BMR backup agent,
- 1Download the MSI package to your computer.
- 2Copy the MSI package to a network-shared folder.
- 3Set up mass deployment using Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy. Know more
Contact support for any assistance